Catawba County Jurisdictional Maps
Election Day Precincts (40 Election Day polling sites)
State Level Maps (Catawba County related Districts)
- US Congressional Districts (District 10) | NC Map - REDRAWN 10/2023
- NC House Districts (Districts 89 & 96) | NC Map - REDRAWN 10/2023
- NC Senate District (District 45) | NC Map - REDRAWN 10/2023
Municipal Maps (8 Municipalities)
- Town of Brookford
- Town of Catawba
- City of Claremont
- City of Conover
- City of Hickory - the city is divided into wards and extends into Burke Co.
- Hickory Wards (6 Wards) - REDRAWN 11/2021
- Town of Long View - the town is divided into wards and extends into Burke Co.
- Long View Wards (5 Wards) - REDRAWN 11/2021
- Town of Maiden - the town extends into Lincoln Co.
- City of Newton
City School Maps
There are 3 School Districts in Catawba County. Voters are in the Catawba County School System if they do not live in either of the city school jurisdictions below.
Other Election-Related Jurisdictional Maps
Where do I vote? Find your registration information on the State Board's voter search tool. Your jurisdictions and election day polling location will be listed on your record.
2020 PRECINCT REASSIGNMENTS
Changes were made March 2020 to the voting precincts of Catawba County listed below in order to reduce the size of large precincts and to lessen the distance residents must travel to a polling location. The County Board approved the changes at the Sep 24, 2019 meeting and changes were submitted to the State Board for approval as part of a statewide precinct change project. Changes were approved by the State in early 2020 and took effect after the March 2020 primary.
|Precinct (click for map)||Description of Changes||# of Voters Reassigned|
|13 - Greenmont||Now in Pct 26: properties between US 321 and Old Lenoir Rd|
from Tailored Industries north to the 321 bridge
|17 - Long View N||Now in Pct 26: properties north of Clement Blvd||0|
|25 - North Newton||Added properties from Pct 40 on the odd-numbered side|
of St. Pauls Church Rd that were in Newton City limits
|26 - Oakland Heights||Added properties from Pcts 13 & 17 to bring Resurrection International|
Church (the polling location for Pct 26) into the Precinct 26 boundary
|29 - St Stephens 2||Added properties from Pct 33||-|
|33 - Springs|
Now in Pct 29: [Lake Hickory Country Club area]
|34 - Startown||Now in Pct 35: even-numbered properties along Sandy Ford Rd|
(and all roads and subdivisions north), Odd-numbered Startown Rd
residents north of Sandy Ford Rd
|35 - Sweetwater||Added properties from Pcts 34 and 40||-|
|40 - West Newton||Now in Pct 35: even-numbered properties along Settlemyre Bridge Rd|
(from the bridge to Startown Rd), Startown Rd residents
north of Settlemyre Bridge Rd, all areas north including
properties accessed via Valleyview Drive, and the Fairgrove Ch Rd
area south of US 70
Voters affected by the changes were mailed voter registration cards on Friday, April 17, 2020.
Residents living at properties described above have been reassigned to different precincts in order to reduce the number of voters at their previous polling location and to lessen their drive to their election-day polling site.
- Precinct 33-Springs had over 6,000 voters; 1,601 are now in Pct 29 and live closer to their new election-day polling location. 33's voting population is down to 4,321 (Sherrill's Ford Pct 31 now holds the top spot with 4,561 voters).
- Residents living in the northern areas of Pcts 40-W Newton and 34-Startown have been combined into Pct 29-Sweetwater; their polling location is now closer.
To check your jurisdictions, search for your name using the State's Voter Search tool Voter Search
Once your record is pulled up, scroll down to the "Your Jurisdictions" section (see example below).