Provides permitting information and service to the citizens of Catawba County, including municipalities. The Permit Center currently operates two locations within the County in an effort to provide convenient sites for the public to acquire permits and information for Building Services, Planning and Development, Fire Marshal’s Office, and Environmental Health in a coordinated, efficient, and friendly manner.
SUBMIT PERMIT APPLICATIONS:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 828-465-8962
GENERAL QUESTIONS: 828-465-8399
We are offering remote visits with a permit specialist. This is meant to replace a face-to-face visit and allow you to acquire permit information and permits without visiting the office. Permit applications are still required and must be reviewed and approved by a permit specialist prior to a permit being issued.
Steps to a Remote Visit via Smartphone(camera and audio required)
- Building Permit Application
- County Water & Sewer Application
- Fire Permits
- Manufactured Home Permit Application
- Permit Center Credit
- Residential Erosion Control
- Residential Pier and Dock Exemption
- Safety Permit
- Swimming Pool Application
- Temporary Utilities Application
- Temporary Stage Certification
- Trade Permits (Plumbing, Mechanical, and Electrical)
- Worker's Compensation Affidavit
- Contractor Search
- Contractor Search by Date Range
- Monthly Reports
- Permit Detail Search
- Permits Issued: Permit Type Selection
- Permits Issued: Work Class Selection
- Permit Parcel Search
- Permit Partial Address Search
- Total Permits Issued
- Yearly Reports
- New Commercial Buildings or Additions Permits Completed
- New Business in Existing Buildings - Approved
- Census Tract Special Permit Listing
The following links provide information for permits and inspections. You do not need an account to view or search record information. For more search options, click Reports (above).
Permit Detail Search: Search permit and inspection records based on the permit number.
Contractor Search: Search permit and inspection records based on the contractor’s name.
To schedule an inspection, contact the Permit Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-465-8399 (leave a message). Please include the permit number or street address of the project, the inspection type, and the desired date for the inspection in the message.
Inspections are scheduled for the following workday. Once that day is booked, inspections are scheduled for the next available workday.