Open with Options!
To bring you the best, most relevant library services, we're innovating ways to deliver what you need! Now that we're open again, we're offering a variety of options to fit how you want to connect, explore, and grow. Learn about how we're promoting safe spaces, creating online programs that you can watch from home, and reinventing curbside service as an easy, convenient way to enjoy your favorite library resources!
@ Home: Resources to Keep Everyone Engaged!
Ensuring Welcoming and Safe Spaces
We work together as a community to make our libraries safe and comfortable places to visit and work, and we appreciate your partnership in this effort. In order to create welcoming and safe spaces, the Catawba County Library System is following CDC and NCDHHS recommendations, including limitations on access to facilities, social distancing, and safety and sanitizing protocols.
Working Together to Protect Ourselves and Each Other
- We will greet and welcome each community member individually as we limit the number of people in the building to ensure safety and health protocols.
- We ask that you don’t join us if you have COVID-19 symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or are at high risk.
- Community members will have access to the library building on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each person is allotted one initial (1) hour session to use the library and its resources.
- We have strict cleaning and sanitizing protocols in place, frequently disinfecting high-touch surfaces, and disinfecting furnishings, technology, and equipment between customer use.
- All returned materials are placed into isolation for 72 hours.
- Help us ensure your safety, and that of our staff and community, by following the recommended 3 Ws: Wear a cloth face covering, wait 6 feet apart + avoid close contact, and wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- In order to maintain social distancing, staff may not be able to assist closely with computers, devices, or accommodate with our usual one-on-one appointments if they require closer than a 6 foot distance. We have additional ways to assist you and maintain that safe distance.
Power Up Online--From Anywhere, Anytime!
Try Curbside Pickup--We're Here to Help You Get What You Need!
Step 1: Log in to your Library account. Place an item on hold.
OR Call your local library for assistance.
Step 2: Choose a location to pick up: Maiden, Sherrills Ford-Terrell Branch, St. Stephens Branch, Southwest Branch, or Curbside at Newton.
Step 3: Watch for a notification that your materials are ready.
Step 4: Call ahead for quickest service to ensure your materials will be ready.
- Main Library, 115 West C Street, Newton, NC – call 828.465.8665 (Mon.-Fri. 10-5 pm)
- Maiden Library, 11 South A Avenue, Maiden, NC – call 828.428.2712
- Sherrills Ford-Terrell Library, 9154 Sherrills Ford Road, Terrell, NC – call 828.466.6827
- St. Stephens Library, 3225 Springs Road NE, Hickory, NC – call 828.466.6821
- Southwest Library, 2944 Highway 127 South, Hickory, NC – call 828.466.6818
- Please place all items to be returned in the drop boxes available at each location before picking up your hold materials. All returned items will be isolated for 72 hours.
- At the Newton Library, curbside service is located at the rear of the building. Please ring the doorbell at the window and someone will assist you.
- At all other locations - call upon arrival and a staff member will bring out your materials.
- Please respect a minimum of 6-foot distance from other patrons and library staff during pickup.
Each library card holder will be allowed to check out up to 10 items.
When your hold is ready for pickup, a notice will be sent via a phone, email, or text message according to your library card settings. Please contact your local library, if you would like to change your notification method.
Once you get your arrived hold notice, the materials are ready for pickup!