Library by Phone / Online / Curbside
While all library locations are closed, we have new ways to get you the resources and information you need!
Call us, check out our many online resources available 24/7, or make appointments for curbside pickup at the Newton Library and Sherrills Ford-Terrell Branch.
Call us for information, research help, and technology assistance:
|Newton Library||Monday-Friday||9 am-5 pm||828.465.8665|
|Claremont Branch||Monday-Friday||11 am-5 pm||828.466.6817|
|Conover Branch||Monday-Friday||9 am-5 pm||828.466.5108|
|Maiden Branch||Monday-Friday||9 am-5 pm||828.428.2712|
|Sherrills Ford-Terrell Branch||Monday-Friday||9 am-5 pm||828.466.6827|
|Southwest Branch||Monday-Friday||9 am-5 pm||828.466.6818|
|St. Stephens Branch||Monday-Friday||9 am-5 pm||828.466.6821|
Check out all of the resources you can access from home or anywhere, 24/7...
Click here for ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies, learning resources and more – for children and adults.
Curbside Pickup Service is available by appointment at:
- Newton Library, 115 West C Street, Newton – ph: 828.465.8665
- Sherrills Ford-Terrell Library, 9154 Sherrills Ford Road, Terrell – ph: 828.466.6827
Hours for Pickup
10 am-4 pm, Monday through Friday
- Step 1: Place an item on hold by logging in and searching the collection on the library's website or by calling your local library for assistance.
- Step 2: Select the location to pick up – either Newton Library or Sherrills Ford-Terrell Branch.
- Step 3: Once your item has arrived for pickup, you will be notified to contact the library to schedule an appointment to pick up your materials.
- Step 4: When you arrive at your appointed time to pick up your holds, please follow the directions for each location.
- If you have any library returns, please place them in the large drive-thru drop box before coming to the curbside service window.
- Please park in the curbside service parking spot at the rear of the building.
- Ring the doorbell at the window and step behind the yellow line.
- Your identity will be verified and then your hold items will be placed on a table outside the window.
- Once the window is closed, you may collect your items and enjoy!
At Sherrills Ford-Terrell:
- Please pull into a parking space and call 828.466.6827 to speak with a staff member. Staff will direct you to pull up into the curbside service lane with the library on your passenger side.
- If you have any library returns, please place them in the drop box before pulling up to the covered porch on the right.
- Park your vehicle outside covered porch and wait inside your vehicle until a staff member brings your materials outside and places them on the porch ledge.
- Once staff has returned inside, please exit your vehicle and walk up to the white gate at the covered porch area and identify yourself.
- You will be able to collect your items and enjoy!
Curbside Service FAQ
How many items can I pick up?
Each library card holder will be allowed to check out up to 10 items.
How long will it take for my pickup to be ready?
Please allow 24 hours for the library to process your request.
Can I return items through the curbside service?
No, all returns should be placed in the library drop box and will be isolated for 72 hours.
How will I be notified that my hold is ready for pickup?
You will be notified that the item you placed on hold is available for pickup according to the notification method by which you normally receive notices (via a phone call, an email, or a text message). If you would like to change your notification method, please contact your local library.
Why do I need to call the library to schedule a pickup appointment?
Appointments allow us to ensure that your materials are available, checked out, and ready for pickup, as well as to ensure social distancing practices.