Catawba County News
Catawba County 101: Human Resources
Published: February 05, 2024
The Catawba County Human Resources department provides quality comprehensive services to 16 departments and over 1,200 employees. They are responsible for policy development, regulatory compliance, benefits administration, recruitment, employee relations, compensation, wellness, and risk management. The department strives to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse, well-qualified, and professional workforce that reflects the high standards of the community we serve. As a department, they empower employees to be collaborative, innovative, and responsible throughout the work life cycle.
The HR team provides a wide range of services to internal and external stakeholders:
- New hire orientation
- Benefits consultations
- Retirement application processing & consultations
- Learning to Lead, Mini-Course, Safety, and other training
- Employee Health Connection
- Wellbeing programs
- Employee recognition
HR is located at the Government Center, but the staff can be seen all over the County assisting with interviews, job studies, safety meetings, and overall consultation. HR can be seen at job fairs and other community events when able. The HR Team prides itself on providing a high level of customer service to employees and departments. This means they strive to be available when needed and to be flexible in providing solutions that meet both employee and department needs.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The recruitment team processed 4173 applications for employment in 2023.
- Six of the HR team members have worked for another County department.
- Employees participated in over 2900 safety and risk management trainings in 2023.
- The HR team has 174 years of experience working in local government, with 151 of those years dedicated specifically to human resources.