As a volunteer for Catawba County, I understand and agree to the following:
- I have no employment relationship with Catawba County, or the volunteer activities listed below are not related to my regular duties as an employee of Catawba County. My participation in the volunteer activities outlined below is without valuable consideration.
- I do not have a formal work appointment for the activities listed. If the activities are considered productive work, I am doing it for civic, humanitarian or charitable purposes.
- I have no guarantee or expectation that I will receive a job with Catawba County as a result of being a volunteer and to the best of my knowledge I am not displacing any employees.
- I will not earn a salary, wages or benefits and may not be reimbursed for expenses incurred such as travel expenses.
- Catawba County has the right to release a volunteer without prior notice or cause.
- Catawba County does not provide me with accident or medical insurance and is not responsible for any accident or medical expenses incurred by me. Further I understand that I am neither covered by Workers Compensation nor entitled to employee benefits as a result of my volunteer status.
- I, on behalf of myself, my heirs and my representatives, release, indemnify and hold harmless Catawba County, and any elected officials, employees and agents from any and all liability, damage or claim of any nature that arises out of or related to my volunteer activities.
- I may have access to confidential information and I agree not to disclose any confidential information to a third party or use the confidential information for my own benefit or the benefit of a third party.
- I understand the terms of this agreement and attest to the fact that I am 18 years or older, or I am the parent/guardian of the volunteer and consent to the terms of this Agreement on behalf of the minor.
- A criminal background check may be completed before my volunteer activities begin.