Satisfactions/Cancellations/NC Standard Document Guidelines
A Satisfaction is a document that shows of record that an individual has paid a deed of trust or a mortgage in full. These documents are usually filed by the bank or other party to whom the money was owed to and it can take you up to 45 days before they show up on record after payoff has been made.
Unlike a car title, you will not be getting the deed to your land at this time; the deed should have been sent to you from the closing attorney or mailed to you once it was recorded when you first bought your land and/or house.
There are three forms of Satisfactions, and the following North Carolina Statutes help guide how these can be prepared. Each must meet the NC Standard Document Criteria NCGS§161-14. You may also want to consider contacting a North Carolina attorney for assistance with these forms.
- NCGS §45-36.11 Satisfaction of Security Instrument
- NCGS §45-36.17 Affidavit of Satisfaction
- NCGS §45-36.21 Trustee’s Satisfaction of Deed of Trust
Each must meet the NC Standard Document Criteria NCGS§161-14.
All real estate documents recorded in Catawba County Register of Deeds office are scanned within two days of recording.
- Each Deed is required to have the current mailing address of the Grantee before it can be recorded.
- Each map or real estate instrument is required to have the name and address of the person to whom it is begin returned to.
- Each document(s) being requested to go in the outgoing mail is required to have a self-addressed stamped envelope being of the correct size for the document(s) to be returned.
You may also want to consider contacting a North Carolina attorney.