Information on COVID-19 vaccination can be found under the informational dashboard on our COVID-19 page

Immunization Clinic

Immunizations are preventive measures taken to protect people from diseases throughout their lives. Catawba County Public Health offers all required immunizations for children ages 2 months to 18 years, as well as vaccines for adults. This includes flu shots and vaccines recommended for foreign travel. Some vaccines may require payment, depending on eligibility.

The Immunization clinic is normally open Mondays from 1-4 p.m., Tuesdays from 8-11 a.m., and Wednesdays from 1-4 p.m. To check eligibility or to confirm vaccine cost or availability, call (828) 695-5881.

To schedule a vaccine appointment, call 828-695-5881 or click here to request an appointment online.

All children in North Carolina are required to receive vaccinations for Diphtheria, Hepatitis B, Hib Disease, Measles, Meningococcus, Mumps, pertussis (Whooping Cough), Pneumococcal, Polio, Rubella, Tetanus and Varicella (Chickenpox). The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also recommends vaccinations for Hepatitis A, Influenza, Rotavirus and Human Papillomavirus.

Immunizations are required by law for entry into North Carolina schools and child cares. This includes specific requirements for starting Kindergarten, 7th grade and 12th grade. There is a 30-day grace period beginning the first day of school to provide an up-to-date immunization record or the child will be suspended from school until the required proof is provided or there is proof the child has begun the immunization process.

A list of required vaccinations for child care entry can be found here. Vaccine requirements for school can be found here. The North Carolina General Statute § 130A-155 specifies which vaccinations are required.

If your child needs vaccines, contact your health care provider orCatawba County Public Health’s Immunization Clinic at (828) 695-5881 to make an appointment.

The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program helps parents pay for vaccinations for children.Children through 18 years of age who meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible to receive free, state-supplied vaccines through the Vaccines for Children program:

  • Medicaid eligible: A child who is eligible for the Medicaid program. (For the purposes of the VFC program, the terms "Medicaid-eligible" and "Medicaid-enrolled" are equivalent and refer to children who have health insurance covered by a state Medicaid program)
  • Uninsured: A child who has no health insurance coverage
  • American Indian or Alaska Native
  • Underinsured: Underinsured means your child has health insurance, but it won’t cover the vaccine(s) because it doesn't cover any vaccines; it doesn't cover certain vaccines; or it covers vaccines but has a fixed dollar limit or cap for vaccines. Once that fixed dollar amount has been reached, your child is eligible.

For more information, talk to your child’s healthcare provider or visit the North Carolina Immunization Program website.

Catawba County Public Health provides a variety of vaccines that may be recommended or required for foreign travel. Vaccinations must be given at least two weeks prior to travel in order to be considered effective. There is a fee per vaccination.

Travelers should talk with their doctor prior to receiving any travel immunizations.Visit the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for a list of recommended or required vaccinations for various foreign travel destinations.

The vaccines listed below may be recommended or required for children and/or adults, including foreign travel vaccinations. Fees are subject to change based on cost of the vaccine. Vaccine availability is also subject to change.

To make an appointment for an immunization, to check eligibility, or to confirm vaccine cost or availability, call (828) 695-5881.


Hepatitis A (Adult)

Hepatitis A (Pediatric/Adolescent)

Hepatitis B (Adult)

Hepatitis B (Pediatric)

Twinrex (Hepatitis A/B)

Gardasil 9 (HPV)


Rabies Pre-Exposure/Booster (Imovax)

Rabies Pre-Exposure/Booster (Rabivert)



DTaP (Daptacel, Infanrix, Tripedia)



Tdap (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis)


Yellow Fever



Meningococcal (MenQuadfi)

Overseas Travel Stamp

Fill out the immunization records request form or call (828) 695-5881 for more information.