Catawba County News
How Can I Support My Library?
Published: April 08, 2022
National Library Week is coming to an end but not before we celebrate Take Action for Libraries Day!
Tell an elected official about the benefits you’ve experienced at your library and thank them for their support of libraries. Vocal community support helps libraries secure much-needed funding.
- Did you attend a meaningful program?
- Did one of the library staff help you find the right book?
- Did a Community Navigator help connect you to a much needed resource?
- Have you developed a friendship with the library staff?
- Have you noticed an increase in your little's reading skills/confidence/grades after participating in Paws to Read/storytimes/Homework Helpers?
- Were you able to use a computer, fax, or copier (with expert help ready when needed)?
- Did you learn something new at the library?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, share that a city council member, county commissioner, representative or senator. Let them know why you appreciate their continued support of your library. Thank you for being a part of our community!
For a sample letter and a list of local elected officials, click here: tinyurl.com/catcosupportletter