Click to go to Catawba County Home Page
alert County offices are operating on a 4-hr delay Jan. 18 opening at 12 pm. Libraries will open at 12:30 pm. All County Parks are closed. Catawba County Cooperative Extension and Soil & Water offices are closed for heating system repairs.
Quick Links

Woman on phone

Report Adult Abuse
Social Services Logo
Phone: (828) 695-5600


Google Map
3030 11th Avenue Drive SE
Hickory, NC 28602

Mailing Address:
PO Box 669
Newton, NC 28658

Employee Lookup
Phone Directory By Unit

Office Hours:
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
You may report suspected child or adult abuse at any time

Make a comment

Reporting Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation

Who should report?   It is the law that any person who has reasonable cause to believe that a disabled person is in need of Protective Services must report the case to the county Social Services Department (N.C.G.S. 108A-102). The reporter's identity is kept confidential. You may file a report anonymously if you wish.

How are reports made?   Telephone, write, or visit the Catawba County Department of Social Services when you have information about a disabled adult being abused, neglected, or exploited. You should give the following information pertaining to the disabled adult:
  • Name, Age, and Address of the disabled Adult
  • Name and Address of Caretaker (if applicable)
  • Nature of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation
  • Other Pertinent Information
Phone Number:
(828) 695-5609 from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m on business days
After hours and holidays call 911

Mailing Address:
Catawba County Department of Social Services
PO Box 669
Newton, NC 28658

Street Address:
3030 11th Ave Dr SE
Hickory, NC 28602