Pregnant & Considering Adoption
An unplanned pregnancy can cause fear, confusion and worry regardless of a woman’s age or whether she is married or unmarried. Family Builders works to make women aware of the options available to them so they can make the best choices for the future well-being of their child. We offer confidential and free services to birth parents, including professional counseling and a variety of support services during the pregnancy. Our goal is to support birth parents in whatever choice they make.
If you choose to place your child for adoption, you can have assurance that your child will be placed with an approved adoptive family who has been comprehensively assessed by Family Builders and that family will continue to receive adoption support services.
If you are pregnant and considering placing your infant for adoption, Family Builders offers the following voluntary services:
- Choice in selecting the adoptive family for your child.
- Option of meeting the adoptive parents at time of placement.
- Services provided to you before, during and after placement.
- Counseling to help you process emotions.
- Help in making needed adjustments to return successfully to your community.
To speak with an adoption social worker about your situation, please call (828) 465-8901.