Visit our General Information page for information about how to request a copy of a death certificate, including who may make the request, required ID, and fees.
- Click here to see how to request for a copy
- Click here to find out who can request a copy
- Click here to see required ID
- Click here for fees on copies
Certain errors or information not given at the time the certificate was filled out may be corrected. Please call our office to discuss your circumstances.
The listed informant or the listed Funeral Home Director may amend a death record.
- You will be required to bring a $15 money order for the NCVR.
- Our processing fee is $10.
- Once all North Carolina Vital Records (NCVR) requirements has been met, we will forward the amendment to the state office for processing.
- Processing time varies and can take up to 8 weeks. however ask how to expedite for an extra $15 to NCVR.
Located in the Clerk of Court’s Office. Call (828) 695-6100 for more information.