Whether you are a new or experienced paramedic, Catawba County Emergency Medical Services is the agency that can jump start you EMS career. Using the latest equipment, technology, and protocols, we improve the lives of the residents and visitors to Catawba County every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented environment, we hope you will consider joining out team!
Please click the EMS Teams page to see other opportunities for our staff.
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Valid NC EMS Credential
- Advanced Certifications (ex: ACLS, PALS) preferred
- Successful Completion of the DOT Physical Examination
- Successful Completion of an Essential Function Evaluation
- Oral Interview
Our teams are assigned to the following schedules to maximize emergency response coverage:
- Four 12-hour shifts: Two shifts are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and two shifts are from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. This shift schedule allows for an employee to work 36 hours the first week and 48 hours the following week during a two-week pay period.
- One 40-hour shift: From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Three units are currently assigned to this shift.
- Two 12-hour shifts: These shifts work from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. This shift schedule allows for an employee to work 36 hours the first week and 48 hours the following week during a two-week pay period.