Catawba County employees work hard every day to improve the lives of residents. If you thrive in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented environment, we hope you will consider joining our team of passionate employees making a difference in our community.
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- Valid NC EMS Credential
- Advanced Certifications (ex: ACLS, PALS) preferred
- Successful Completion of the DOT Physical Examination
- Successful Completion of an Essential Function Evaluation
- Oral Interview
- Written Exam
Our teams are assigned to the following schedules to maximize emergency response coverage:
- Four 12-hour shifts: Two shifts are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and two shifts are from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. This shift schedule allows for an employee to work 36 hours the first week and 48 hours the following week during a two-week pay period.
- One 40-hour shift: From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Three units are currently assigned to this shift.
- Two 12-hour shifts: These shifts work from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. This shift schedule allows for an employee to work 36 hours the first week and 48 hours the following week during a two-week pay period.